Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Committing....Feathers QAL

Quilt Alongs have always scared me. I've always followed along, but never actually done one. That would mean commitment and actually doing something. But I finally gave in.
I've lusted afar after the Feathers quilt by Alison Glass, always wanting to buy the pattern and make the quilt, but never really committing to it.
Well, now I have. I'm going to do it. I'm going to do the Feathers Quilt Along.
Um...well.. I'm going to try. No promises that the thing will actually get done.
But the pattern is bought.
I even pulled some fabric today to see what I'd like to use.
There are too many choices, but somehow not enough choices, if you know what I mean. (It means I need to buy more fabric!)
But I think this one..
Knowing me the selection will change as I go along. I haven't decided which background grey to go with. Maybe I'll do both.
The pattern itself is paper pieced, which suits me just fine. I like paper piecing.
The quilt along part will be the hardest part. There's like link ups and Flickr group things I have yet to figure out.
Feathers QAL

















2 comments:

  1. I saw your link and had to visit. I think your fabric choices are lovely. I am doing the Feather QAL too and I agree that it's a little intimidating to have a schedule, deadline, etc. but I did 2 QAL's in 2013 and it was awesome. It's fun to see what everyone else is doing and have some incentives to meet the deadlines. You will do fine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I love hearing from you! I usually reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case check back here!